Matted hair is a nightmare to cope with. Although this hair care issue may affect any hair, those naturally frizzy or naturally curly will be much more susceptible to certain annoying hair mats. Attempting to loosen matted hair without the correct methods can be damaging to your hairs. To restore, treat and prevent matted hair, all you need are the proper tools and hair care products.
What Causes Matted Hair?
Matted hair is caused by poorly detangling your hair. This is the most commonly occurring problem that people face. These are shed hair that gets stuck with attached hair and forms a knot. It is essential to detangle the hair correctly. Otherwise, it adds up to create a more complex problem. Other causes may include sleeping on a rough surface, Wearing rough-textured clothes or scarves, late trims, and over styling.
Basics to Untangle Matted Hair
- Oiling and Moisturizing: before you start detangling them, it is essential that you condition them. Many specialized products are available for matted hair. It is always a good idea to begin with towel-dried damp hair.
- Loosening hair: once hair has started to detangle, it is better to use a wide tooth comb and gradually narrow it.
How to Detangle Knotted Hair
- Detangling hair every time when washing proves to be very beneficial. If you wash often and do not untangle the hair, it will lead to a severe problem.
- The next thing you can do is to trim your hair more often. It will not only contribute to hair health and feel but will help in keeping Hair matte-free.
- Furthermore, it is helpful to tie your hair loose in a braid or something to avoid knots and tangles. Loose strands while sleeping are prone to more breakage, thus creating matted hair.